Home Little Globetrotters9-Year-Old Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur by 9-Year-Old
Petronas Towers Kuala Lumpur

Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur by 9-Year-Old

by Family Globetrotters

No Trip to Kuala Lumpur Would Be Complete Without A Visit to The Majestic Twin Towers. Standing Tall and Proud, Kuala Lumpur’s Twin Towers Continue to Wow All Who Set Eyes Upon It. Here Is A Wonderful Account by From A 9-Year-Old Little Globetrotter.

NAME AND AGE.
My name is Bastian and I’m 9 years old.

WHERE IS THIS PHOTO TAKEN?
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

TELL US ABOUT THE PETRONA TWIN TOWERS IN KUALA LUMPUR.
When we got to the Petronas Towers, I was so excited to go in it because I like to be in high places and look down on everything. When we went inside, we took a really skinny escalator.  Skinnier than I’ve ever seen. It was a real bummer that me and Ayden got stickers and my mom and dad got lanyards, so we made a protest against it. When we got to the sky bridge, it was so cool that we could look down on things. And the telescope at the top was cool to see things closely when you were far away.

Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur by 9-Year-Old

FACTS ABOUT THE PETRONAS TOWERS BY FAMILY GLOBETROTTERS
Soaring to a height of 451.9 metres, the 88-storey twin structure is Kuala Lumpur’s crown jewel. No matter how many times I see the towers, I am always awed by its structure. The twin towers feature multi-faceted walls of 33,000 stainless steel and 55,000 glass panels. You can scale 170m in an elevator with the door opening at the Skybridge. The Skybridge is the structure that connects the 2 towers and is the world’s highest 2-storey bridge. You can ascend even higher to the 86th floor where you can get breath taking views of Kuala Lumpur.

I have seen the views during the day and night and I must admit the night lights are quite spectacular. But if you happen to be in KL during the unfortunate haze due to the burnings in Indonesia, it’s not worth heading up the towers as the visibility will be minimal.

RELATED ARTICLES

10 Things To Do With Kids in Kuala Lumpur

Sky Lanterns & Train Tracks in Shifen Old Street by 9-Year-Old

12 Tips Before You Go To Night Safari In Singapore

MORE ABOUT WHERETHEJONES
We are the Jones Family. Mom, Dad & 2 boys. Travel is new to us. However, with barely a mark on our pristine passports, we decided to sell it all and travel the world full time. Follow along with us and learn as we do. https://www.wherethejones.com/

16 comments

Spring Pham July 4, 2018 - 2:48 am

Such a great post <3 Hope that one day I could have a chance to visit Petronas Twin Towers and others destination in Malaysia. I`m sure that my experience in there will be one of the most memorable moments in my life. Thank you

Claire March 2, 2018 - 9:45 pm

Hi Bastian! Love your post – I also love going up skyscrapers and checking out the views 🙂

Family Globetrotters March 7, 2018 - 2:58 pm

On behalf of Bastian, thank you! Me personally I am get totally weak at the knees in skyscrapers but the view makes up for it:)

Bastian March 9, 2018 - 11:38 pm

I think going up elevators to the top of the tower is super exciting and I dont really want to go backdown when its time.

Family Globetrotters March 13, 2018 - 11:59 am

LOL Bastian! I was sooooo scared!

eli February 28, 2018 - 4:16 am

Was just in KL. Wish I made it up the towers

Family Globetrotters March 2, 2018 - 10:41 am

Hope you at least managed to the see the towers. Well, not that you can miss it really but up close and personal anyway:

Bastian March 9, 2018 - 11:42 pm

We would feel so bad if we did not go up the towers so we had to do it.

Family Globetrotters March 13, 2018 - 12:00 pm

I agree Bastian. Its a once in a lifetime experience. Glad your parents took you up there!

Katie February 27, 2018 - 1:00 pm

What a great post. We have been to the towers twice but never been up. I bet the views from way up there are incedible.

Family Globetrotters March 2, 2018 - 10:40 am

Bastian certainly had a great time! I have to say the tower form down below is quite spectacular. always a challenge trying to get the right photo without people around it. Its quite stunning at night too isn’t it?

Bastian March 9, 2018 - 11:52 pm

Well I always try my best to do my posts and if I dont do it good enough my dad will ask me to do it again. The views ARE incredible at the top of the towers I wish I could go there again.

Family Globetrotters March 13, 2018 - 12:01 pm

I think your posts are super Bastian! I also think your and your brother are on such an amazing adventure with your parents. And I love that you’re grateful for what you have and that you’re being good sports. Love reading your blog!

marta February 27, 2018 - 12:54 pm

What an amazing experience! I’m not typically afraid of heights but, wow!, that is high!!!

Family Globetrotters March 2, 2018 - 10:39 am

Yup….. its high alright! And there is a glass bridge that connects one tower to another…… And to think people work in these towers. I have to say I never thought a modern day steel structure could be so mesmerizing. Bastian didn’t seem to fazed by the height did he?

Bastian March 9, 2018 - 11:58 pm

It was defently a amazing experience it is super high but there is another building close to it that is going to be higher then it but it will not be as cool as the twin towers that is for sure.